Ask for an application form to be posted to you

It costs £ 28 to make a deed poll application by post (or £ 35 for a replacement application).
It’s free to request an application form, but please allow 4–5 working days for it to arrive.

☞ You can save £ 10 by making an online application instead.
(The service is exactly the same — we’ll still post you your deed poll documents, with complete instructions; plus it’s quicker.)

When we get your completed form, we’ll process your application within 4 working days.
Your application will be processed quicker (within 2 working days) if you apply online instead.

Bear in mind that we can’t accept credit / debit card payments for postal applications.

Request a postal application form
☞ It’s quicker, cheaper, and easier to use our online application form.
You’ll also have the option of paying by credit / debit card / PayPal.
In every other way, the two services are exactly the same.

Normally, we would only send either normal, new application forms (for a new change of name) or replacement application forms.  We can send any number of adult or child forms together.

(On the website, customers choose whether they want new or replacement forms.)

But we can also send a mixture of new and replacement forms, if needed.  (This is rare.)

To prove a change of name that’s already happened, we’ll need to send you a “replacement” (past name change) form.

It costs £ 35 to make a replacement deed poll application by post.

☞ We recommend you make an online (replacement) application — which is also £ 10 cheaper.

persons aged 16 years or over

Note: A 15 year-old who wants to change their own name after their 16th birthday should apply as an adult

children under the age of 16 years
Note: We can only post application forms to a U.K. address (including the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
If you’re resident overseas, please use our online application form.

We must have your consent before we can process your personal data.

You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (which you can do by sending us an e-mail or letter, or by ringing our helpline).  However, if you withdraw your consent, we won’t be able to send you an application form.

We will never —

  • use your personal data for any other purpose
  • share your personal data with anyone else (unless we have to by law)
  • keep your personal data for any longer than we need to

i Read our full privacy policy for more information